2016 Urbanna Oyster Festival Poster Contest
Yes! We have other Oyster Festival Poster years available for purchase.
On behalf of the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation, we would like to announce a contest for the 59th Urbanna Oyster Festival (November 4 & 5, 2016), which has long been an event of tradition. One of the many traditions is an annual poster or print. This year, we will have a poster and would like to include everyone in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the project. The poster should represent the Oyster Festival in an artistic, as well as, a visually pleasing way.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Original art must be created by amateur or professional artist(s) of all ages.
- Content should be representative of the Urbanna area and/or relating to oysters in some way. Size of art should be 8” x 11” and no larger than 18” x 24”. The Urbanna Oyster Festival reserves the right to modify the winning design in accordance with the printing process.
- Acceptable mediums: photography, oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels or mixed mediums (Remember: colors should be bright or dark enough to reproduce as a print).
- The Oyster Festival Foundation or any member(s) of the Foundation are not responsible for damage of the artwork and will not be held liable for any such damage.
- The winning artwork becomes the sole property of the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation, and cannot be reproduced, or made available for sale except by permission of the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation. The Foundation Poster Committee reserves the right to modify the winning design in accordance with the printing process.
- Deadline for entries is August 31, 2016 and the winning entry will be chosen in early-September.
All original artwork (no copies or photos please) should be delivered to the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation Office, 45 Cross Street (middle blue door-upstairs), Urbanna, VA. 23175 (804-758-0368). Entries will be accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Please package entries safely and appropriately, as we cannot guarantee against damage. Please attach on the back of each entry, a separate sheet of paper including the artist’s name, mailing address, telephone number and a brief description of the artwork.
All entries should be picked up no later than September 30, 2016 at the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation Office (804-758-0368). We cannot be responsible for any entries left after September 30th.
We encourage all interested artists to submit their entries and we look forward to working with the great talent within the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation will approve the winning entry.
Thank You and Good Luck!